MYTH ALERT – Famous 1953 “Yale Goals Study”- Never Happened!

The Progress Challenge Book by Dean LindsayMYTH ALERT – YALE STUDY OF GOALS NEVER HAPPENED!

from The Progress Challenge : Working and Winning in a World of Change by Dean Lindsay

The “Yale Study of Goals” is often cited as a testament to the power of written goals.  However, most scholars doubt the 1953 “study” ever took place. The so-called study claimed to have found that the 3% of Yale graduates who had written goals at the time of graduation were worth more financially twenty years later than the remaining 97% combined.

Too bad the “YSG” is probably an urban legend, because properly written goals are actually vital, and today it is estimated that fewer than 5% of us have properly written goals. Let’s get that percentage up by “getting down with” writing our goals down.

Link to BLOG POST -  An Introduction to Progress-Based Goal-Crafting
Link to Video Clips of Dean Lindsay - Author of The Progress Challenge

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *